Conspiracy theory

Story: The SOA and Web services world now has its own "SCO."Total Replies: 1
Author Content
Abe

Oct 23, 2005
9:23 AM EDT
Is it only I or does everyone wonder why this is coming out at this time?

OOo 2.0 has been released recently and totally based on OpenDocument Format. Mass has committed to ODF and many more organizations are looking into adopting it. OOo is becoming a major threat to MS Office.

MS was the first and biggest enthusiast in adopting XML but it strongly continues opposing ODF. MS tried fiercely sabotaging its adoption but its attempts have been a total failure. it is easy for MS to furnish ODF plug-in to its customers but it remains reluctant about furnishing the standard to its customers. MS realizes it would be catastrophic to its Office suite monopoly since it levels the playing field.

IF Scientigo had defensible claim and aiming to recoup money from consumers only, they would have waited a little until many more have adopted ODF. May be they made a mistake. But personally, I think they intentionally elected to proceed now, after MS failed at everything else to stop ODF adoption at Mass, and at the behest of a big monopoly. From the sequence of events and the consequences there after, It is pretty hard to see it any other way.
tadelste

Oct 23, 2005
9:52 AM EDT
Abe: It wouldn't surprise me.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!