Xara looks cool

Story: Uk graphics firm takes on MicrosoftTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
AnonymousCoward

Oct 23, 2005
7:23 PM EDT
Viewer only, binary only at this stage but the app looks very potent and easy to use. Also, if they have the viewer up already the implication is that a working application is not very far away. They badly need Mac-oriented C++ programmers.
jimf

Oct 24, 2005
9:14 AM EDT
Unfortunately, the Adobe monopoly is even worse than MS, and almost virtual on the Mac platform. Proprietary should never be used as an industry standard and open source competition will be a great addition here.

Without slighting the great work that's been done on the Gimp project, Xara cannot help being a very significant addition to Linux and open source. I look foward to it.
helios

Oct 24, 2005
9:35 AM EDT
Lobby4Linux is jumping into this with both feet. Myself and Mike Moschini have been in contact with Charles Moir, CEO of Xara and we are working with him closely to find and bring in new developers for this project. Linux users have griped long and loud about the shortcomings of graphic manipulation software in Linux. This is when we find out just how serious the community is in bringing quality software over from the Dark Side.

Kudos and applause to Charles Moir for a gutsy move. It is my opinion that as a community, we should get his back. You can bet other software compainies are watching this carefully.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!