Riddled with holes and misinformed opinion.

Story: Open source in government: A delusional cheer from the GreensTotal Replies: 0
Author Content
Inhibit

Oct 24, 2005
11:14 AM EDT
While the article starts out on a somewhat derogitory note aimed at open source software pushers and shows some inkling of being informative it quickly erodes. The author doesn't seem to have a firm grasp on what he's reporting on, with missinformed comments ranging from

"... The Linux component of the operating system sector is, indeed, growing -- but only in a limited way and in back-end operations where the code being used is often highly modified and resembles out-of-box solutions in much the way reformed alcoholics ... " to "... failing to note that Novell is a company offering proprietary versions of OSS."

Both comments are suggestively negative if not outright untrue. Most of this article looks like "trash talking" rather than information.

I mean.. how much of an install base of old Unix systems does China have.. from reading only this article I'd assume it to be huge. From everything else I've read I wasn't even aware there were legacy Unix installs in China!

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!