Untitled

Story: Microsoft Threatens to Pull Windows From South Korea (Update1)Total Replies: 9
Author Content
hkwint

Oct 28, 2005
4:01 AM EDT
Great news! Wish they wóuld withdraw it. Then the EU should follow. Ok, wishfull thinking.

Anyway, MS admits they're incompetent to program a modular OS, and they use threatening instead of arguments. They make a fool out of themselves.

Quoting: Microsoft says removing the messenger code would disrupt other functions of Windows

That reason is BS. I call this blackmailing, because MS thinks the Korean economy relies on Windows. If MS pushes trough, Korea will rely on pirated Windows and Linux.

Anyway, it's getting hotter and hotter under MS' feet, which is a good thing.
salparadise

Oct 28, 2005
5:23 AM EDT
Microsoft threatens to pull Windows from South Korea.

The south Korean government should come straight back with, "Can we have that in writing please?"

helios

Oct 28, 2005
6:25 AM EDT
Great minds think alike ;-)

http://lobby4linux.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=54
dcparris

Oct 28, 2005
8:01 AM EDT
I agree with you, HK! When I saw that comment, I was not surprised, but nevertheless concerned about their programming skills. First, removing MSIE would break Windows. I assumed they proposed similar arguments for Media Player. Now Messenger. I sure am glad I jumped ship!
cjcox

Oct 28, 2005
9:06 AM EDT
I'm expecting to hear about a mysterious multi-billion dollar donation to the S. Korean gov't and a quick end to all of this. Microsoft will not "pull out" of South Korea. They have ways of "smoothing things over."

tuxchick

Oct 28, 2005
11:47 AM EDT
what are they going to do, repossess all three legal copies of Windows in S. Korea?
salparadise

Oct 28, 2005
12:02 PM EDT
tuxchick that is excellently funny.

helios

Oct 28, 2005
3:16 PM EDT
tuxchick

Oct 28, 2005 2:47 PM what are they going to do, repossess all three legal copies of Windows in S. Korea?

As funny as it is, I'm afraid I have to interject a correction.

Two of those three are on loan from china.

helios
jimf

Oct 28, 2005
3:27 PM EDT
No no helios... Two of those three are on loan 'to' China.
helios

Oct 28, 2005
3:43 PM EDT
Silly me...all those disks look so much alike...

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!