Moral of the story is...

Story: Sony's (Non-Existent) Corporate ConscienceTotal Replies: 4
Author Content
YallaOne

Nov 03, 2005
2:29 AM EDT
It's amazing how Sony fails to realize that the only one really hurting from this is ... Sony..

The lesson we all learn, and the moral of the story is this: If you like an album - go buy it. Unless it's from Sony, in which case everyone should rip it. Normally I strongly discourage copying music, as the best way to support artists is to buy their CDs and thus encourage them to make more excellent music.

In the case of artists who chose to publish via Sony - they need to learn their lesson too. Publish your music on Sony, and have the entire IT community rip your music rather than buy it...

Bye bye Sony...
helios

Nov 03, 2005
5:02 AM EDT
As one who has (ahem) aquired music in the past via dubious means, I must admit I did so much more for convenience than actually having to leave the house and go do something in public. While at my Dr.s appt yesterday, I heard a song that really struck me. A "new" song. Being a child of the sixties, I don't listen to much of the new stuff. I just remembered a few of the lyrics as the DJ did not announce the artist at the end of the song...typical.

I like the song so much, I googled the few lyrics I remembered and found the song. Who is "Nickleback?"

Long story short...I went out and bought the CD with "Photograph" on it. My 12 year old daughter now thinks there IS hope for me. btw...anyone heard of new bands called Maroon 5 and GreenDay? They are great.

I did check the label of the cd before I bought it. Had it been Sony, it would have been aquired from amule in seconds.

helios
Koriel

Nov 03, 2005
7:11 AM EDT
Lol, GreenDay are hardly new but they are very good, you old fogey :)
helios

Nov 03, 2005
7:20 AM EDT
Shoot...I just did not get tongue planted firmly enough in cheek...gotta work on that.

;-)

helios
Koriel

Nov 03, 2005
7:27 AM EDT
Hehe, ok it slipped by me then :)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!