LOLROF

Story: Linspire will replace Windows with crippled Linux - cheapTotal Replies: 4
Author Content
jimf

Nov 04, 2005
11:50 AM EDT
Well, when all else is said, this is a brilliant business move :)
tuxchick

Nov 04, 2005
11:56 AM EDT
gosh dangit, who gives a rip about bundled software? Browsers, media players, so what? Those are easily replaceable. The bundled software is so not the point, and I wonder if BillG deserves credit for manuevering attention in that direction. That whole DOJ trial was just a big pointless dog-and-pony-show, where all the big tech companies got to puff and strut and make a lot of empty noise. It's the unholy grip that Microshaft has on the short hairs of hardware vendors that hoses customers. That's where customer choice has been throttled.
jimf

Nov 04, 2005
12:06 PM EDT
True Tuxchick, but if Korea were to take the Linspire offer, they would be free of MS in a heartbeat, and a Debian based Distro would have taken over a serious section of the marketplace. No matter what Ii think of Linspire, that senario would be awesome :)
tuxchick

Nov 04, 2005
12:16 PM EDT
Oh, I have no problem with Linspire sweeping Korea like a clean fresh tidal wave. That would be luvverly.
tadelste

Nov 04, 2005
5:53 PM EDT
Yuk. I think they have Asian Linux already.

Michael or whoever made the offer and go lots of PR. See we're writing about it on LXer.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!