Linux Evangelism

Story: A Year Without (MS) Windows: Completing the Conversion of a Windows UserTotal Replies: 3
Author Content
number6x

Nov 08, 2005
7:03 AM EDT
Hey, for once I think we have someone who can actually qualify for the title "Linux Evangelist".

Thank you Mr. Parris.
dcparris

Nov 08, 2005
7:32 AM EDT
You are more than welcome. I really began evangelizing GNU/Linux with Mandrake Linux 8.0. It took me a while to complete my conversion. It's a bit like my faith - it grows over time with experience.
omid455

Nov 12, 2005
9:43 PM EDT
Great job! Actually I have been doing so since last year. One year of Linux on my desktop in the office! Completety switched to Linux from windows!

Omid
helios

Nov 13, 2005
3:04 AM EDT
You know, I have found that actual visual stimulation brings more questions and inquiries than rhetoric. My offices have at least one computer screen angled so incoming customers can see it. Countless times, the tech at the machine has been asked "Wow...that looks cool...what it that?" Of course it is a masterfully-crafted kde or fluxbox desktop. People know they are seeing something radically different, they simply do not realize what it is. This in itself has opened more doors than anything else in my business environment.

helios

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!