Great Review!

Story: A Year Without (MS) Windows: Completing the Conversion of a Windows UserTotal Replies: 1
Author Content
netmanrob

Nov 08, 2005
11:43 PM EDT
I too am a SuSE (9.3) user and have had nothing but Linux on my desktop since 2002. For me it was all about stability, performance and security. Yes, you still have to patch SuSE but not every Tuesday, and I don't even think about how long its been since I last rebooted my system.

Unfortunately, I haven't totally severed the cord since I still rely on CodeWeavers somewhat. I started developing web pages with Dreamweaver and I'm still hooked on it, but I know that there are now a few WYSIWYG editiors for Linux, I just haven't taken the time to learn them. I'm also a big Visio user. I have used it at work for years and bought a copy for home use as well. I am weening myself off Word and Excel however and I know it is just a matter of time before I set all of the proprietary software aside.

Congratulations on your first anniversary, there is no looking back now!

Rob
dcparris

Nov 09, 2005
10:34 AM EDT
In using OpenOffice.org, I highly recommend you take the time to learn about Writer's character, paragraph, and page styles. That is so crucial to saving time later on, especially if you write long or re-usable documents or templates.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!