Undiscovered comedy writers.

Story: Microsoft 'Concerned' by Sony DRMTotal Replies: 9
Author Content
salparadise

Nov 09, 2005
9:56 PM EDT
The Redmond, Wash., software maker said that the security of its customers' information is a "top priority".

Hahahahahahahahahaha - yeah riiiight.

"and that the company is concerned by software like that deployed by Sony to block illegal CD copying."

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

The hypocrisy!

tuxchick

Nov 09, 2005
10:00 PM EDT
Yeah, I wanted to write something similar, but I wet my pants laughing and had to go change clothes.
dcparris

Nov 09, 2005
10:12 PM EDT
I figured we could all use a good laugh. B-b In fact, I still am!
PaulFerris

Nov 10, 2005
1:55 AM EDT
tuxxy: Sure it wasn't that install of Mepis last night that did that instead?
dinotrac

Nov 10, 2005
2:26 AM EDT
From a security camera tape found in a Redmond dumpster:

Conversation between two unidentified males. One seems to have emerged from an office and the other from a cubicle farm.

#1: Dude! Did you see what Sony's with their new CD's?

#2: Yeah. Totally cool, huh?

#3: No way, man. It's completely lame.

#4: But don't we...

#5: Exactly. This stuff shoulda been in a service pack.

#6: You gotta admit it rocks, though.

#7: Definitely. We gotta get that guy's resume.

PaulFerris

Nov 10, 2005
4:04 AM EDT
dino: you seem to have quite a few "ins" down there at M$ land -- any reports as to what Toady has been up to lately?
ubuntu4all

Nov 10, 2005
5:15 AM EDT
First Trojan using Sony DRM spotted Published Thursday 10th November 2005 http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/11/10/sony_drm_trojan/
dinotrac

Nov 10, 2005
6:02 AM EDT
Paulie -

I actually had a Toadie sighting in Boston, on the last day of the American League Divisional Playoffs.

Seems a security tape was retrieved from a dumpster outside a state building that recorded a previously unreported hearing on the OpenDocument format. Guess the press (and nearly everybody else) were all at Fenway.

Am busily transcribing, but the quality of the tape is poor.

moopst

Nov 17, 2005
7:37 PM EDT
After reading about how the Sony rootkit pirated from the open source LAME MP3 player http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051118/tc_nm/sonybmg_opensource... I posted this reply on the Yahoo message board. I thought I should share it with LXer

Sony Execs Are Pirates!!! by:holderm1(M/Denver, CO) 11/17/05 11:15 pm Msg: 9 of 9

I can't believe it! Sony pirating open source software to sabotage millions of poor Windoze lo- I mean users!

And when an FAA computer goes BSOD and people die, will it be Sony executives up on murder charges? Most likely they'll blame the open source writers they stole from.

======================= Microsoft's anti-virus team said earlier on Tuesday it would add a detection and removal mechanism to rid a PC of the Sony DRM copy-protection software, because it jeopardized the security of Windows computers. =======================

How much do you want to bet that it will also remove LAME, the open source MP3 player that Sony pirated?
salparadise

Nov 17, 2005
9:02 PM EDT
Microsoft's anti-virus team said earlier on Tuesday it would add a detection and removal mechanism to rid a PC of the Sony DRM copy-protection software, because it jeopardized the security of Windows computers.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Oh man, this just keeps getting funnier.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!