Tab Browsing Changes

Story: Google and Firefox Working Together for A Better BrowserTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
TxtEdMacs

Nov 10, 2005
4:41 AM EDT
On a Linux machine, the changes I have seen are the ability to reorder the tabs by pulling a tab to a new location (present on Alpha 2 where I started) and the ability to delete a tab with a middle button click.

The latter was discovered when I read of the supposed presence of a close button being placed on each tab, however, I have not seen this new feature on any of the test versions despite now using release candidate 2. Checked my preferences without seeing an obvious selection related to this feature. Anyone seeing the close button on every tab using the new versions of Firefox?
helios

Nov 10, 2005
5:21 AM EDT
So we can assume that google is on the verge of releasing some of the cool desktop search toys for Linux via firefox? How long has Windoze had desktop search from google? A "We're Waiting Google-O'meter" will be going up shortly on Lobby4Linux showing the time lapse between the windows releases and a Linux port for these programs. Will it do any good. Probably not...it just makes me feel better.

helios
TxtEdMacs

Nov 10, 2005
6:01 AM EDT
I have had no problem with only one tab closing button on the extreme right, but some time I have deleted the wrong tabs when I have been hurried (and usually, but not exclusively so when I had a lot of tabs open).

This is more from the view point of Mozilla than Google: there are just more people posting about the things they see on various versions of Firefox running Windows. Moreover, I see a fair amount of Mac users too that are posting. If it becomes a choice of gaining more traction against IE or getting mine in Linux, I will opt for the former.

Let's consider one item we Linux users are missing from Firefox: automated updates. Well do you wish to dispense with the security issues to gain this advantage? I would just rather take a pass and get even more restrictive settings instead within FF.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!