The question is, will these guys realize they've been had?

Story: Golden's Rules: The real story behind the Massachusetts ODF flapTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
mdl

Nov 11, 2005
5:52 AM EDT
I assume the question by Ed "[The question is, will these guys realize they've been had? - Ed]" refers to the politicians being had by M$'s phony arguments.

Call me paranoid, but I really doubt the pols are "being had". I think they have their reason$ to $upport Micro$oft in these matter$. Surely there will be benefit$ down the road for them due to their role as M$ $ockpuppet.

With all the billions at stake in the "format wars" over the Office monopoly, M$ can certainly afford, with pocket change, to do some hardcore lobbying and spread around campaign contributions (carefully laundered, of course).

The question is not am I paranoid, but am I paranoid enough?

salparadise

Nov 11, 2005
7:02 AM EDT
The question is not am I paranoid, but am I paranoid enough?

Probably not.

If the top politicians/media magnates/industrialists aren't in a silly special little club where they plot to take over the world I'd be very surprised.

Even sociopaths with visions of global domination need a little "peer affirmation".
tadelste

Nov 11, 2005
7:34 AM EDT
I recently spoke at one of the oldest and largest User Groups in Texas. One articulate fellow remarked, "Let's face it, this is wide spread corruption and like in a third world country nobody will do anything about it."

To get the picture, you have to imagine a multi-armed, multi-legged creature grabbing food and things and stuffing its mouth as fast as it can. Sorta like a giant Jabba the Hut on steroids.

One arm reaches out and snap, there goes Massachusetts.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!