Lost the original link location, no longer goes to the story

Story: Sheila Lennon: Google's paying sites to get you to switch to ...Total Replies: 7
Author Content
TxtEdMacs

Nov 15, 2005
5:00 AM EDT
I lost my tab when seeing if my release candidate two of Firefox 1.5 worked the way she described. Did not seem to have the option to clone the tab under the menu upon a right click. Forgetting the middle button is a tab killer I lost the article. Hence, I just tried to return - now it's a related site that wants a sign in with no obvious link to the article of interest.
tuxchick

Nov 15, 2005
6:27 AM EDT
It works for me... gremlins, perhaps?
Herschel_Cohen

Nov 15, 2005
9:50 AM EDT
gremlins ... No, not this time - I stopped a couple of cookies and those I allowed where only for the session. One of those stopped was the main site. So upon return it wanted a sign on. No problems after a reboot.
TxtEdMacs

Nov 15, 2005
9:58 AM EDT
So, you had the same problem?
tuxchick

Nov 15, 2005
10:47 AM EDT
gah, I'll look at it again and try different browsers.
jimf

Nov 15, 2005
12:32 PM EDT
Definitely cookies. Not the browser. Works the first time but then won't let you in unless you turn cookies off.
tuxchick

Nov 15, 2005
12:36 PM EDT
weird!
jimf

Nov 15, 2005
12:43 PM EDT
tuxchick: must give you a cookie the first go around. If that cookie is seen again, then, it refers you to the signup page. Simple control logic :)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!