Linux/Mac Desktops will be killed by Microsoft

Story: Linux Desktops will get killed by Microsoft this ChristmasTotal Replies: 6
Author Content
mariuz

Nov 25, 2005
8:19 AM EDT
title should be more dark then you can post it to other mac sites , (digg.com) This should be more negative than really it is

If you want flames then let it be flamewars

tadelste

Nov 25, 2005
8:31 PM EDT
I agree with you on this.
helios

Nov 26, 2005
4:19 AM EDT
flamewars??? ohhhhh, pick me, pick me.....

I am finding that they do serve as a necessary evil. When applying logic and truth against blind Zealotry, it is interesting to watch the uncomfortable squirming. Especially if you demand them to counter your points. It's more funner than mud 'rasslin.
jimf

Nov 26, 2005
6:08 AM EDT
helios: That wiggling you see is only the blind Zealot's planting his butt firmly in his righteous throne. What point in applying applying logic and truth when these are totally irrelevant to any zealot worth his salt. I know it is immensely satisfying at times to go after one of these guys, but in the end, it's just a time waster.
TxtEdMacs

Nov 26, 2005
2:13 PM EDT
jimf - perhaps wasted on a true Zealot. However, saner quieter types reading along might be affected in a positive sense to clear cogent arguments such as the one I read last night that helios wrote.
helios

Nov 26, 2005
3:57 PM EDT
I have a friend who is a national talk show host...and no, I will not name-drop because, well...it just ain't right. He told me long before he was "discovered", something that has stuck with me until now.

"Fact is fact, truth is truth and it is brutal. You can only withstand the onslaught for so long."

I had that etched in real parchment and framed. It is mounted on the wall right over my computer desk at work and there is not a day I don't ponder those words. It may take time, but truth and fact will eventually heal Zealot blindness. Sad enough, it is also only a matter of time before the Zealot blinds himself again with the rusty implement of misinformation.

... saner quieter types reading along might be affected in a positive sense to clear cogent arguments...

It is understanding this truth that fuels me...my calculations are about 3 out of 20. Not good, but we'll take those 3. Nowhere to go but up I say.
jimf

Nov 26, 2005
4:30 PM EDT
TxtEdMacs: If you are talking about presenting logical arguments, no matter how harsh, in the face of zealotry, then I have to agree. But that isn't to my mind flaming.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!