Google News

Story: LXer Readers: You Made a Difference. Thank You!Total Replies: 3
Author Content
sharkscott

Nov 26, 2005
5:29 PM EDT
I have a Linux section on my Google news page and both the original and LXer articles appeared in that section.

That means that the Google news crawlers found it. Which means that a lot of people came across it as well.
tadelste

Nov 26, 2005
5:42 PM EDT
I'm so glad you reported that.

I agree with helios. We need to keep hammering this through the week.

I really feel sorry for Peter Quinn. This could happen to anybody Microsoft targets including Linus. MS bravado seems to know no bounds.

I still think we should flood Bill O'Reilly and other media types with email.
bstadil

Nov 26, 2005
6:50 PM EDT
This is a two edged sword. Most people have a "no smoke without fire" initial position.

If we keep talking about it who knows what people will think. A quick death of the issue is probably best.
helios

Nov 26, 2005
6:58 PM EDT
I still think we should flood Bill O'Reilly and other media types with email.....

I was all over this, as well as Hannity, Cavuto and Eddie Munster...I mean John whatshisname, yesterday. No, yesterday is not his real name, thats when I sent out the emails.

As far as letting it die, I want to respectfully disagree with my friend. On minor or slightly embarassing matters, I would agree but this is an obvious flank attack against the OSS movement in MASS and a dirty one at that. Problem is, the sheep will graze on this tactical news item and take it for the truth. We have to INSURE the mainstream gets wind of this. Silence is no way to insure it does.

oh, Gibson is his name...John Gibson

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!