Yawn...

Story: Free60 Project Aims for Linux on Xbox 360Total Replies: 9
Author Content
vonskippy

Nov 27, 2005
4:36 PM EDT
Another huge waste of time, gaming console x running distro y.

Been there, bored with it now. It's really really oh so not important now that whole computer systems (you know, those geeky things with keyboards and mice that do other things besides playing games) can be bought for a few hundred dollars.

I once hacked a rock into a hammer (and don't get me started about the time that I cleverly turned an old shoe box into a hamster cage), but I didn't write huge boring web articles about it.
bdumm

Nov 27, 2005
8:35 PM EDT
no but you do spend your time rambling on, about your opinions, everywhere.

do you get paid for being such a nice fella?

phsolide

Nov 28, 2005
6:06 AM EDT
I doubt he gets paid for this - he doesn't toe the MSFT line close enough to be a wagg-ed shill. However, he does have a thing for "linux fan-bois", based on his last technocrat.net comment.
tadelste

Nov 28, 2005
7:30 AM EDT
phsolide: One of the "technqiues" of disinformation involves "not towing the line". I forget which number it is but the idea is to "confuse".

As LXer's popularity goes up, we should regard this as a sign of success.

If you want to see our stats, take a look at http://lxer.com/411/

That should give you an idea as to why this site is gaining popularity.

alc

Nov 28, 2005
12:09 PM EDT
[ However, he does have a thing for "linux fan-bois", based on his last technocrat.net comment.]

I posted a link to http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/48268/index.html @ technocrat and os news.It seems that a few people had really negative things to say about LXer.It makes me love this place that much more.
tuxchick

Nov 28, 2005
12:23 PM EDT
Negative comments on OSNews? Noooooo..... ;)
tadelste

Nov 28, 2005
1:50 PM EDT
I have read some negative comments about Lxer at a few places. I think we might scare some people. We write a lot of truth and point to information backing up our reporting. We do attract a lot of highly informed people.

Some of the people at Digg call us trolls. That's hilarious to me. No one from here trolls.

The fact that they call us the trolls at LXer says we have achieve a brand. At least we're not the nerds.

We're in a serious growth stage and at some point we'll be regarded as the class of the web.

It's nice that vonskippy visited us. if he doesn't like Linux Fanbois, he won't like it here eh.

tuxchick

Nov 28, 2005
2:07 PM EDT
I'm not concerned about criticism, and especially not from a site like OSNews that is infested with whiny trolls. Either it's valid, or it isn't. Valid criticism improves LXer, and the rest is ignorable. The nice thing about text communications is you can easily skip over the obnoxious bits, they don't follow you like a pesky street drunk.
dinotrac

Nov 28, 2005
2:27 PM EDT
I do hope one of you noticed one of the replies to vonskippy on technocrat.

It would be worthy (and witty) anywhere:

Something to the effect that the biggest proportion of Microsoft haters seem to be Windows users, not Linux users.

Heh heh.

Guys probably right.

TxtEdMacs

Nov 28, 2005
2:45 PM EDT
And his handle was "dino(something)"? Just a guess, I do not stray to far - the flash ads at many sites can trigger a migraine.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!