The point was missed...

Story: Yahoo Gives Linux Ymessenger..Where is Google?Total Replies: 5
Author Content
helios

Nov 29, 2005
5:33 AM EDT
I agree, this app has a long way to go and I would even question the release of it, given its inferior quality compared to Gaim and Kopete. I compiled from source and ran it myself. As disappointed as I was in the quality and lack of feature, people should know that Yahoo made the offer.

I found it ironic that someone who has no investment in Linux would cross the Windows line instead of someone who was. That's all. Let's see where they go with it. If it remains in its present state for a long period, then pass the towel. Helios will wipe the egg from his face, I say we tip our hat to Yahoo for extending the olive branch. I haven't found any thorns on it yet.
TxtEdMacs

Nov 29, 2005
9:50 AM EDT
Thorns in an Olive branch? Wow, now that's genetic engineering at the highest level.
helios

Nov 29, 2005
10:45 AM EDT
yep...spliced 'em in myself, botanical genius I seem to be. Wanna see my mushroom collection?
TxtEdMacs

Nov 29, 2005
11:43 AM EDT
Quoting: ... Wanna see my mushroom collection?

No, I think I will pass. Just curious where are they growing and what's the food source they leach?
helios

Nov 29, 2005
1:18 PM EDT
what's the food source they leach?......

I have them growing over at slashdot. LOTS of nutrients for them there.
TxtEdMacs

Nov 29, 2005
7:37 PM EDT
You got that all wrong, they might look like and be as physically active as mushrooms but some of them are real people. Get a grip, and a basket or two. I hear that on charcoal grilled steak they are quite tasty.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!