Worthless review

Story: Linux Desktop Keeps Getting Better with KDE 3.5Total Replies: 3
Author Content
Shulai

Nov 30, 2005
5:26 AM EDT
Just copying stuff from http://www.kde.org/announcements/visualguide-3.5.php with no added value, but even substracting it doesn't make a good article. Less content, less detail, and a guy saying KDE 3.5 allows users to add applets to the panel! (The popup menu with available applets was replaced by a dialog, I guess Vaughn-Nicholls never really used KDE)
tadelste

Nov 30, 2005
5:57 AM EDT
Shulai: Stephen J. Vaughan-Nichols is one of the good guys out their. He may be the most influential mainstream journalists on our side. He's widely read by non-Linux people.

Try not to be so hard on him. He does an article a day praising Linux and shooting at the knees of Microsoft.
Abe

Nov 30, 2005
9:15 AM EDT
In my opinion, there is no such thing as worthless review, even if it was full of criticism and repetitions. There are reviews that are better than others but never worthless. I find it helpful sometimes that reading an article more than once would bring hidden substance otherwise we miss the first time around. Believe me I know, it happened with me few times. This is just me and a thought.
helios

Nov 30, 2005
12:35 PM EDT
SJV is a good friend of LXer and Linux At Large. Wanna crappy review? I accel at them. Stephen is allowed a clinker every now and then. He dun' do it often.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!