Konqueror better as a file manager

Story: KDE browser pips Firefox in Web standards testTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
tuxchick

Nov 30, 2005
2:07 PM EDT
I've been using Konqueror as file manager, and Firefox or Mozilla for Web browsing. Konqueror's Javascript seems to not work with a lot of sites, and it garbles some pages to where they are unreadable. I don't know why, maybe Firefox/ Mozilla are better at handling IE-style evil page code. If the new release catches up to Firefox, that will be quite impressive.
jimf

Nov 30, 2005
2:21 PM EDT
Yes, you are right in saying that Konqueror has problems in rendering some sites, but that is getting better. I was forced to use it when fixing a friend's machine where firefox was entirely borked and konq is usable. They are saying that 3.5 fixes a lot of the java and rendering problems. We'll see. Normally, if given my choice, I use krusader and Opera anyway, but it is nice to have a choice.
cjcox

Nov 30, 2005
8:23 PM EDT
Konqueror also has a tendency to crash when all bells and whistles are enabled (which would be needed for it to compete with Ffox or Mozilla). Just use it as your browser for a day or two... chances are, something will go wrong.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!