great ideas

Story: Saving Windows from Obsolescence in a Free-Market EconomyTotal Replies: 8
Author Content
ktraglin

Dec 02, 2005
9:24 PM EDT
I would resume using Microsoft Windows, if either such moves were made. Unfortunately, ego typically outweighs common sense, so such wonderful ideas will probably never come to fruition.
jimf

Dec 02, 2005
10:59 PM EDT
Too many lies, too much shody behavior, far too little concern for the customer. I could never trust MS again... And frankly, why would I ever need to, as Linux is far better in every respect.
dcparris

Dec 03, 2005
5:13 PM EDT
I have told a number of people that if Microsoft ever went the way of libre software, I would wait for a Debian-styled team to release a stable version. I just couldn't bear to use something directly from Microsoft. I do not trust them, based on their long legal track record. Nor do I trust their vision for technology. If anyone else got hold of it, I could reconsider deploying it. That would be the only way.
jimf

Dec 03, 2005
6:10 PM EDT
dcparris, I wouldn't hold my breath for that anyway. It just won't happen.
dcparris

Dec 04, 2005
11:20 PM EDT
I promise I ain't holdin' my breath. I'm just stating publicly the only conditions under which I would return to Windows. I guess it's akin to saying "when Hell freezes over".
Kandalf

Dec 05, 2005
9:06 AM EDT
I do actually agree with the concepts. A new way of doing business is an option for a company to survive.

But I do still think Windows should be Windows, not *NIX or similar. :)

Sorry, but keep of the *NIX.

Thank you.
tadelste

Dec 05, 2005
11:10 AM EDT
Don, why do you even care about Windows surviving? It's like caring about the poor German guards at the prison camps losing their jobs at the end of WWII. Let them eat crow.
Abe

Dec 05, 2005
11:36 AM EDT
I care about MS Survival in museums as a reminder for all existing new companies to come. I am sure that will include all the attributes MS is famous for and we all know very much about.
dcparris

Dec 05, 2005
3:13 PM EDT
Who said I cared? I assumed Microsofties would be offended by my suggestions.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!