Interesting subject matter, McIntyre is a moron though

Story: US group says Microsoft ‘pretending’ on earningsTotal Replies: 10
Author Content
cjcox

Dec 12, 2005
11:22 AM EDT
Citizens for Tax Justice is apparently a front for all Republicans are Evil.

What a moron.

I doubt there is a shred of value in any of their conspiracies after reading, "The Republicans admire people who can avoid tax, unless the person happens to be poor. Then they don't like it.

I'm a Republican and that is the stupidest comment ever made.... well... it's at least equal with the stupidest comments on record anyhow.

I would like to see if there is anything to this Ireland thing. But McIntyre is obviously NOT the right person and CTJ CANNOT be the right group to investigate this. Liars make poor whistle blowers.
tadelste

Dec 12, 2005
1:09 PM EDT
Hey cjcox,

I'm also a Republican - that is a conservative. I'm not a neo-conservative or a bigot/segregationist.

No doubt it was a shot, but that doesn't invalidate the article.

dinotrac

Dec 12, 2005
3:46 PM EDT
Tom -

Quoting:No doubt it was a shot, but that doesn't invalidate the article.

But it may make one doubt the author's reliability -- perhaps to the point of not being worth the trouble.
tadelste

Dec 12, 2005
3:58 PM EDT
You can doubt the author's reliability and the article can still provide value. What's the saying, don't judge a book by its cover. We all want the same thing, some of us just take different paths to get there.
dinotrac

Dec 12, 2005
5:46 PM EDT
Tom --

It all depends on who and how much.

For example, I don't bother with anything of Michael Moore's. By the time I did all the fact-checking needed to make me feel comfortable, I may as well have started from scratch. Better to use other sources.

But your point is absolutely correct. There are no perfect information sources, and one is obliged to gather what one can from where one can to piece together the truth.

tadelste

Dec 12, 2005
5:53 PM EDT
Wow. We agree about something. I'm smiling.

Now for the part where we may disagree. I've been in parts of the world where people believe Michael Moore's work is factual. One of the Gold Microsoft partners in the middle east told me that Sadam and his sons were sunning themselves in the carribean and that Sadam and George Bush were friends. He also said some other things that I can't repeat. This guy is also a friend of Billie the Borg. That's all I can give away. But, I did sit and listen to him and didn't argue for a second. I thought I would look bad with a columbian necktie.

I was amazed at how convinced this man was that every word of Michael Moore's film was true.

What if it is?

dinotrac

Dec 12, 2005
6:30 PM EDT
Tom -

I haven't seen a Moore film since "Roger and Me."

The problem with Moore, from my perspective, is that he could put out a piece that was factual in every possible way, free of coloration and distortion, 99.44% pure truth, and I wouldn't be able to believe it because I don't trust the source.

Fortunately, we live in an age with many sources, from the Wall Street Journal to the Chicago Tribune (my favorite paper) to the New York Times (not my favorite paper) to Al Jazeera. I use them all. So, Mr. Michael can blather on all he pleases, say and show whatever suits his fancy. I have no need for him.
jimf

Dec 12, 2005
10:40 PM EDT
I think it would be fascinating to know who is running Michael Moore. One of the strangest manipulators of disinformation currently operating... As you said tadelste, many in the world accept his word as god's truth.
dinotrac

Dec 13, 2005
1:49 AM EDT
Jimf -

It would be interesting, presuming that somebody is.

Preferring the simpler to the more complicated, I prefer to think that Moore is a self-contained, self-motivated egotists/opportunist who started out with good intentions and got overwhelmed by his own creation.

I have no doubt that others, recognizing a useful idiot in their midst, have stepped in to help him in his quest.

SFN

Dec 13, 2005
9:02 AM EDT
"many in the world accept his word as god's truth"

Let's remember that most people in the world accept someone's word as god's truth. For every person who hangs on the words of Michael Moore or Janeane Garofalo or Al Franken, there's a counterpart who is ear is glued to Rush Limbaugh or Bill O'Reilly or George Bush.

People are just not all that big on thinking for themselves.
cjcox

Dec 13, 2005
11:58 AM EDT
I was certainly not trying to invalidate the article... just became stupid with the last line.

Again, I think if there's something to this "every dollar was made in Ireland" thing, it SHOULD be found out. CTJ is is not the one to do the work though. Complete loss of credibility. They probably claim all of their revenue through Ireland too :)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!