Boycott

Story: Comment of the Day - January 12, 2006 - Refreshing View on PiracyTotal Replies: 1
Author Content
incinerator

Jan 12, 2006
8:37 AM EDT
These stupid you-must-not-circumvent-copy-protection laws have been established in many countried over the last couple of years. Often enough, they leave the consumer in a dilemma similiar as you described. There is a single but brutal way out of the dilemma, you can boycott.

I simply don't buy Music CDs that have so-called copy protection on them. Why should I buy CSS-encrypted DVDs if I am not legally allowed to play them on my GNU/Linux machine, then? Remember, nobody can force you to buy that non-free piece of software that's so vital for you. Unfortunately, most people don't care and either just swallow the bitter pill or make illegal copies anyway. Otherwise, a boycott could possibly be effective.
AnonymousCoward

Jan 12, 2006
1:29 PM EDT
Not enough people yet. A few more DRM faux pas, and people will start to realise that "hey, these scumbags are treating us like an enemy, not a customer!"

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!