The book is pretty good, honest!

Story: Degunk Linux and debunk FUDTotal Replies: 0
Author Content
sharkscott

Feb 05, 2006
8:52 AM EDT
I bought that "degunking Linux" book a couple of weeks ago and for being a book that is aimed at the intermediate administrator, I actually understood most of it.

When I get the chance, I look at all the Linux books I can find and most of them are way...WAY over my head or too basic for me. But this one is not either of those. I have not been able to read the whole thing front to back but what I have read I can understand, and what I cannot understand I know I can learn.

I have already used some of what I have learned to trim and consolidate files on my computer.

It seems that I am in-between skill levels, I am not new enough to need a newbie how-to, but not skilled enough to understand programming conventions.

This book gives some basic info but also a lot of not-so-basic information as well, but at least I can get past the first page or two. :-)

The writers style is good and he does not talk down to the reader. To me that is very important, I know that I do not know a lot, I don't need the writer to remind me of it on very page. :-)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!