CIO's please take a look.

Story: BSA Offering Rewards of $50,000 for the First Time in the USATotal Replies: 1
Author Content
jsusanka

Feb 12, 2006
6:57 PM EDT
I just hope all the CIO's are taking a hard long look at this and really think about open source and the value it brings to your organization.

Just think of the time you save not keeping track of licenses much the license itself.

I only use open source software in my life - work gives me a laptop with xp on it but it is basically useless except for the morons on the intranet that use unix web servers to put up internet explorer only web pages. If that isn't retarded I don't know what is.

People really need to start pushing open formats like ogg and odf. Aren't the consumers just tired of paying three or four times for mp3 patents just to play one song. That is just BS.

I am all for BSA cracking down on pirates - I think it will push more people/organizations toward open source and really see the benefits.

AnonymousCoward

Feb 13, 2006
4:58 PM EDT
In some cases people will be badly stung by the inadequacy of the current laws, and consequently much more willing to see them changed.

This is not necessarily a good thing. The new laws might have nastier hooks in them than the old.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!