BSA Offering Rewards

Story: BSA Offering Rewards of $50,000 for the First Time in the USATotal Replies: 4
Author Content
otis_2

Feb 13, 2006
9:25 AM EDT
Isn't this great? You could turn someone in just because you don't like them.

If, for no other reason than the threat of being sued by the BSA, you were considering a switch to a completely open source stack, now is the time.

Wouldn't Richard M. Stallman have a field day with this one? The BSA would claim that Mr. Stallman is a "communist", and he would claim that the BSA are "fascist".

tadelste

Feb 13, 2006
10:54 AM EDT
The interesting thing about your comment: It happens. If someone says you were doing something, you get contacted and then they want to audit you.
phsolide

Feb 13, 2006
1:03 PM EDT
The BSA web site in question is one of the lamest, blandest, most hopelessly corporate pieces of schlock I've seen in a long time. A generic, committee-selected "diverse" person of some not-white ethnicity with text that's so mealy-mouthed, weasel worded and careful as to be devoid of meaning.

It reminded me instantly of the "Important" "Warning" on the back of happy meal toys: "This toy may contain parts unsuitable for children less than 3 years of age." Oh, yeah, wait: aren't you the place where the coffee might be hot, too?

The BSA will problem implode from the weight of its own navel-gazing, ponderous lawyerousity.
number6x

Feb 13, 2006
1:39 PM EDT
phsolide,

maybe everyone should call their hotline and report the BSA to the BSA.

Or could that lead start a chain reaction that ends up in the entire Solar Sytem being sucked into a black hole?

;-)
tadelste

Feb 13, 2006
1:55 PM EDT
I think we're already in one.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!