Ark sounds gentooreat..

Story: Which Distribution Do You Use for Your Desktop? Arch LinuxTotal Replies: 1
Author Content
justins

Feb 19, 2006
2:02 PM EDT
I read this entire artical, normally I scan these things for "text bites" and press on. But as I was reading it sounded like you were going to mention Gentoo "I go to install and...son of a bat...a cli installer! I was in love all ready." ... I'm not planning on leaving Gentoo, but if Ark compiles half as well, I have my back up! :)

I'm downloading Ark as I type and I'll be trying it tonight (I've got a borked FreeBSD install on one of my "slices" I want to take off).

Cheers, Justin
Libervis

Feb 20, 2006
6:32 PM EDT
There seems to be a bit of naming misunderstanding here. This is not "Ark", but "Arch" GNU/Linux.

Ark is a completely different distro project.

Just thought I'd mention that to avoid confusing the two completely different projects.

Btw, I am also using Arch and it does seem to converge the best of all worlds for more advanced users. You basically get a bit of the gentoo feel with aurbuild and ABS (from source) and a bit of the debian (apt-get) feel with pacman. Oh and for slackware style fans, Arch is also alot like slackware as it follows that good old "KISS" principle. And all that's been said about the Arch community I can confirm.

It's definitely a great distro.

Cheers Daniel

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!