Possibly easier install

Story: Linux Multimedia Studio (LMMS) aka "sal likes a bit of techno"Total Replies: 3
Author Content
SFN

Mar 03, 2006
7:24 AM EDT
Sal,

Have you checked this thread on the Ubuntu Forum?

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=91620&highlight=lmm...

I installed lmms before these instructions existed so I have no idea if it works but it looks good.

BTW, everyone with any inclination to try out making music should try lmms. Great, great project.
raspyripple

Mar 12, 2006
3:32 PM EDT
Unless I'm mistaken, the instructions in the ubuntu forums thread are for a somewhat older version of LMMS (0.0.9).

Version 0.1.1 is available from the standard breezy badger distro universe repository.

The instructions provided here are for 1.4. I found them helpful and to work perfectly (with the small exception that I needed to substitue libsdl-sound1.2-dev for sdl-sound1.2-dev).......Thanks!
SFN

Mar 13, 2006
4:37 AM EDT
Quoting:Unless I'm mistaken, the instructions in the ubuntu forums thread are for a somewhat older version of LMMS (0.0.9).

You're right. I'm also using 0.0.9. Guess I should try out 0.1.4.

So, to shorten the instructions a bit, it should be,

Quoting:sudo apt-get install build-essential libqt3-mt-dev libsndfile1-dev jack libsamplerate0-dev sdl-sound1.2-dev libvorbis-dev libalsaplayer-dev libjack0.80.0-dev

wget (insert preferred download link here)

cd lmms-0.1.4

./configure

make

sudo make install

Sal, could you verify that?
salparadise

Mar 13, 2006
5:17 AM EDT
I reckon so. (99.9% sure)

Easy enough to tell. When it's finished running through ./configure scroll up a few lines and see if there's any "missing files" warnings.

If not, all is well.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!