Experience..

Story: Why People Like LinuxTotal Replies: 3
Author Content
michaelcole

Mar 10, 2006
6:29 PM EDT
I sit in my Kontact with my email, With music playing from my amaroK with my RSS-Feeds available..

I find things new every day..

Government information from RSS.. News from RSS..

Todo lists- Journal - Calendar. so much more intergrated than M$ and i keep learning more..

I left my mouse over an MP3 file on my desktop last week.. WOW it played the start of the track while i was playing music at the same time..

So many things to make you more productive..

jboyd

Mar 10, 2006
6:59 PM EDT
Hello michealcole,

May I ask which distribution do you use ? I use fedora core 4, and I am not too happy with its handling of music apps, however, Fedora core is the only distribution which runs properly on my laptop (music aside).

Best regards, jboyd.
helios

Mar 11, 2006
2:01 AM EDT
jboyd,...I experience the same joy. I actually use three distros, obviously not all at once. PCLinuxOS is my workhorse and it handles all music formats out of the box...no tweaking reqired. I also use the Open Suse 10 and the newest Elive distro. As a beta, the Elive handles multimedia stunningly well.

helios
jboyd

Mar 11, 2006
8:42 AM EDT
Hello helios,

I will give those three distros a try, though , I have been asking my router politely for some time now to allow me the use of bittorrent (to get elive) , but to no avail... I am wondering if it is my dsl modem that may be causing the problem. Anyway thanks again.

jboyd

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!