totally agree

Story: What Happened to Slashdot?Total Replies: 1
Author Content
jsusanka

Mar 13, 2006
4:22 PM EDT
i have a slashdot account and I too have noticed they have gone downhill.

I never go there anymore.

I think the editors leave something to be desired and I personally think that they are controlled somewhat by their sponsers.

so if you say anything bad about their sponsers (like the truth) you get called a troll, flamebait etc.

the comments there are just not quality comments either - maybe they are just too popular I don't know but it definitely isn't what it use to be.

I personally hate their rating system - you should actually rate the story not the comments.

anyway my two cents worth - I mostly come here now and groklaw - I find that the comments are more intelligent and you can actually discuss the topic - also tend to stick to the facts and the truth - not marketing 101.

tadelste

Mar 13, 2006
4:27 PM EDT
jsusanka: Thanks for your comment.

We have a lot of comments about this story on digg. Many people felt the same way about Slashdot and some slashdotters invaded digg with condescending remarks.

It says a lot about some readers.

I didn't have a problem with Slashdot like a lot of people. My issue was that it thrived initially on GNU and Linux, a Linux company purchased it and they have dropped Linux off their radar.

I also had a major problem with the CNN article.

Still, I understand your problem and respect you for sharing your point of view.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!