Enderle's Talk

Story: Red Hat, Novell, Ubuntu, Linspire and FarStone Top Sponsor List for 4th Annual Desktop Linux SummitTotal Replies: 1
Author Content
richo123

Mar 23, 2006
9:01 AM EDT
Should be interesting to see the reaction from the assembled throng to Enderle's presentation:

Why the Hardware OEMs Won't Do Desktop Linux

He claims it has nothing to do with M$ dirty tricks. Good one Rob!

tadelste

Mar 23, 2006
9:15 AM EDT
What should we expect?

I once got involved with a film shoot. I was in LA at the time. I thought this would be the kick start to a new career.

So, it was a cat food commercial. OK, I was disappointed but I got a great lesson from the strangest source: a cat trainer.

This guy was supposed to have the best cat training skills imaginable.

So, he shows up with a cat in his arm. It was a grey and black tabby.

He asked the director what he wanted. The director says, a cat that will circle our bowl and the competitors bowl and eat our cat food.

So, the trainer goes out and comes back, puts the cat on the floor and says start shooting. Well, the cat did exactly what he was supposed to do.

The trainer asked if the director wanted anything else. The director wanted the cat to go straight to the bowl and eat the food. The trainer went outside again and brought the cat back. He put the cat on the floor and said "shoot". The cat did exactly what the director wanted.

So, this went on for a couple more shoots.

I followed the trainer outside and saw this big truck with wire cages. He must have had a hundred grey and black tabbies that all looked the same.

So, I said, I was going to say how impressed I was. I never heard of someone who can train a cat. He replied that you can't train cats, but you can observe their behavior and know what to expect. That's all I've done.

The moral of this story: Enderle? That cat ain't changing his stripes.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!