hilarious now

Story: It's L-i-n-u-x, that is an Operating SystemTotal Replies: 5
Author Content
grouch

Mar 24, 2006
5:57 PM EDT
I feel sorry for Mr. Hughes and Mr. Taylor going through that, but it sure is funny afterwards.
moopst

Mar 24, 2006
11:10 PM EDT
So, has Mr. Taylor appologized; does he realize that one is in order?

BTW the register has picked it up http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/03/24/tuttle_centos/
grouch

Mar 24, 2006
11:42 PM EDT
I agree the best thing that could happen would be for Mr. Taylor to send an apology email. I suspect Mr. Hughes would be gracious in acceptance, judging by the exchange. It would allow both of them to just laugh about it.
henke54

Mar 25, 2006
1:16 AM EDT
> talking about one A****** D*******!!! >Agreed, but this is a public forum, which children can access. There are better ways of saying >the same thing.

agree .... i deleted my 'rant' ... my apologise
jdixon

Mar 25, 2006
5:36 AM EDT
> talking about one A****** D*******!!!

Agreed, but this is a public forum, which children can access. There are better ways of saying the same thing.
jdixon

Mar 25, 2006
5:59 AM EDT
> I agree the best thing that could happen would be for Mr. Taylor to send an apology email.

Agreed, but judging from Mr. Taylor's demeanor in his emails, that's unlikely to happen. I doubt that he understands even now exactly what the problem was or how stupid and rude his actions were.

It's, perhaps unfortunately, more likely that the resulting publicity will result in his early retirement from his current position.

> I suspect Mr. Hughes would be gracious in acceptance

No doubt. He handled the situation with far more courtesy than I could have.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!