FUD and Treason

Story: Microsoft Breakup Imminent? GNU/Linux WinsTotal Replies: 1
Author Content
grouch

Mar 26, 2006
2:56 PM EDT
Adelstein: >"Microsoft admits that the preannouncement is solely for the purpose of having an adverse impact on a competitor's product."

Ballmer: >"Well, I think there are experts who claim Linux violates our intellectual property. I'm not going to comment. But to the degree that that's the case, of course we owe it to our shareholders to have a strategy. And when there is something interesting to say, you'll be the first to hear it."

Ballmer's comments appear to be preannouncement of vaporware lawsuits for the purpose of having an adverse impact on Linux. Instead of vaporware, we have vaporsuits. Of course Microsoft may do lawsuits-by-proxy. Such actions could have an adverse impact on Microsoft's battles in Europe, Korea, etc., though.

Adelstein: >"I do mind Microsoft and others sending jobs overseas and then bringing the products back to sell to our own people. I consider that treason, especially with chronic unemployment among the technology industry."

Some historical context for Microsoft and treason:

http://newsvac.newsforge.com/newsvac/03/02/28/1631236.shtml?...

'NZheretic writes "In May, under oath at the antitrust hearing Jim Allchin, group vice president for platforms at Microsoft, stated that disclosing the Windows operating system source code could damage national security and even threaten the U.S. war effort. http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,3959,5264,00.asp

Now in February, Microsoft signed a pact with Chinese officials to reveal the Windows operating system source code. http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-990526.html

Bill Gates even hinted that China will be privy to all, not just part, of the source code its government wished to inspect. Either Jim Allchin lied under oath, to prevent code revelation being any part of the settlement, OR the Microsoft corporation is behaving traitorously, by exposing national security issues to foreign governments"'

It looks like we have a corollary to "a leopard never changes his spots" -- a weasel never changes his tactics. Microsoft relies on just about anything except technological advances to maintain their market domination.

tadelste

Mar 26, 2006
3:03 PM EDT
Yep. And when Bill Gates made a trip to the White House, the first anti-trust action in waiting went away after Gates went to China and got Windows named the national computer system. No connection, of course, Clinton got tons of money from the Chinese put into the Democratic coffers and of course, we had the sell of nuclear secrets transferred to the Chinese,

No connection.

This stuff exists in several documented articles under "features" at the top of the page.

We even broke the Abramoff story months before it got around and people were saying ah that's nothing. I saw Fred Barnes burn Morton Kondracke about it. Well to all those genius commetators in the public media - raspberries!

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!