Bring it on Monkey Boy, Bring it on

Story: Microsoft Breakup Imminent? GNU/Linux WinsTotal Replies: 1
Author Content
number6x

Mar 27, 2006
5:31 AM EDT
If Steve Ballmer truly believes there are intellectual property issues between Linux and Microsoft, he needs to put up or shut up. The Linux community has already weathered three years of mud slinging from the folks at The SCO Group, but when push came to shove, it has all been smoke and mirrors. The Judge overseeing the SCO litigation has said they were "astonished by the lack of credible evidence." that SCO has presented.

Microsoft is no stranger to law suits, but it must remember that Linux is not owned by a company with billions in cash reserves that can be tapped into to pay for a quick settlement. Whoever gets sued by Microsoft will have no choice but to fight until a decision is reached in Court. The accused will have the entire strength of the free software community to back them. This is a force that Microsoft has repeatedly failed to compete with in the technical market place. I believe Microsoft will not be able to compete in the legal arena as well.

If Steve Ballmer has actual issues With Linux, he needs to take them to Court, and back them up with some real evidence. Microsoft has often played the schoolyard bully, pushing around business partners and oem's. However this shows that they cannot bully Linux. Here Steve Ballmer plays that annoying little kid who only seems to have something bad to say about others, but never to their face. "Oh, did you know what I heard about Linux? Yeah I think it has intellectual property problems, and Billy told me he thinks Linux still wets the bed, but you didn't hear it from me..."

Until Steve can stand up and make his snide comments in Court, it is just FUD.

Steve Ballmer, put up or shut up.

Unless your too scared :)
tadelste

Mar 27, 2006
10:39 AM EDT
I'm afraid that Mr. Ballmer may have some trouble coming his way. The hanky panky that the DoJ has ignored may find not make it past other officials now that IBM is investigating ole Microsoft. Keep you eyes open and wait.

You can buy some politicians some of the time but you can't buy them all any time. Do you think Mr. McCain doesn't know what went on in South Carolina with Microsoft's big bully Ralph Reed?

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!