NO!!!

Story: DRM key to Linux's consumer success?Total Replies: 4
Author Content
jsusanka

Apr 07, 2006
3:07 PM EDT
I say no way - I do not want the music industry telling me what I can do with my computer.

Keep linux drm free! they can have their drm music and put it where the music doesn't play.

I can see the point of drm but not as a business model - it suppose to be used for the user and securing their information - not for some stupid songs so some middle man can get rich quick.
jimf

Apr 07, 2006
3:38 PM EDT
Try as I might, I can't see the GPL embracing or supporting anything to do with this.
salparadise

Apr 08, 2006
2:16 AM EDT
Linux as it is represents a fairly significant threat to some corporations plans. It's more or less uncontrollable, it's based on sharing and peer review, it's about everyone having access regardless of their financial status. No wonder then that certain elements would like to see Linux dragged into the same dismal arena of fear, subscription and suspicion that MS occupies.

And yes, I agree, absolutely no DRM thankyou. Ever. I've yet to meet someone who thinks that DRM is anything other than a corporate license to control the market.

lordshipmayhem

Apr 08, 2006
9:01 AM EDT
To gain acceptance on the desktop, Linux needs DRM like a fish needs a bicycle.
helios

Apr 09, 2006
4:21 AM EDT
Teaching a fish to ride a bicycle is simple. Doing so without drowning is the challange.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!