Linux to RealNetworks: Real who?

Story: RealNetworks rep to Linux: DRM or die!Total Replies: 5
Author Content
DrDubious

Apr 11, 2006
11:12 AM EDT
Let me get this straight - "If you don't build in restrictions to prevent your users from using this stuff we won't buy your stuff, and we'll take our ball and go home?" Gosh, no RealNetworks on Linux? I'm broken-winded. Uh, I mean hearted.

I really think these people need to get the clue that NOBODY but them wants Digital Restrictions Management. (And I think they'll make a lot more money if they quit wasting their efforts trying to prevent us from using their stuff and just make quality material at a price that's comfortable to pay...no point in hunting through illegal P2P feeds to find a bad copy of a movie when you can buy a full-quality original for $5.00...)
cjcox

Apr 11, 2006
2:38 PM EDT
Real? Oh yes.. that's the app that keeps getting in the way of any rpm downloads I attempt.

Deleted a long time ago (and Helix as well)...
lordshipmayhem

Apr 11, 2006
4:17 PM EDT
"If you don't build in restrictions to prevent your users from using this stuff we won't buy your stuff, and we'll take our ball and go home"

Well, Real, here's your hat and here's your coat, what's your hurry?
grouch

Apr 11, 2006
4:47 PM EDT
RealNetworks -- don't let the door hit you in your sorry, sell-out ass on the way out. Go play with Bill.
jdixon

Apr 11, 2006
7:44 PM EDT
> Go play with Bill.

Well, that's the problem you see. Bill doesn't want to play. Real wants to bring their own ball, and Bill is the only one allowed to have balls in the games he plays.
tuxchick2

Apr 12, 2006
10:26 AM EDT
broken-winded. :D

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!