DRM is the biggest threat

Story: Free Software Foundation to target DRMTotal Replies: 1
Author Content
tuxchick2

Apr 16, 2006
1:09 PM EDT
I'm glad to see this. As ridiculous as DRM sounds, and as easily as it is defeated, there is an extremely strong push from a lot of the big players to ram DRM down our throats: Sony, Microsoft, Intel, MPAA, RIAA- all the usual suspects. You might have read the comments from the RealPlayer retard, excuse me I mean spokesidiot, whining about if Linux won't implement DRM then users will be deprived of its benefits. It's just the beginning, and it's going to get very bad. Don't make the mistake of believing that businesspeople are smart people who make these sorts of decisions based on data and sound reasoning. They don't, it's all driven by greed, fear, and brain damage.
helios

Apr 16, 2006
4:21 PM EDT
Thank you. There is going to be alot of noise about this...at least I hope so. We are about to see what our Congressmen and Senators have to say about it. That, combined with an aware consumer just might be able to turn the tide. I'm not optimistic,,,but hopeful. This will need to be a rally from the FOSS Community.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!