Linspire partly to blame

Story: Micro Center isn't a happy home for LinuxTotal Replies: 4
Author Content
pat

Apr 18, 2006
8:01 AM EDT
Over a year ago I tried reporting to them that the Linspire display at Microcenter was completely worthless. It had little to no software installed. All I got back was a canned response that made no sense.

I see that little has changed. (I'm about a 2 miles away from the HQ store in Columbus Ohio).
tuxchick2

Apr 18, 2006
8:37 AM EDT
Give Linspire a chance, they're in an extremely tough fight to get retail floor space. Do you have any idea how much pressure Microshaft exerts on retailers to keep the competition out? Even Apple had to battle for years to get a little ghetto at CompUSA, and they are a whole lot bigger and more powerful than Linspire. They really need our support.
Scott_Ruecker

Apr 18, 2006
8:48 AM EDT
I'm with tuxchick on this, I work as a vendor rep out of a CompUSA and it has only been recently that there are ANY Linux offerings in the entire store. Best-Buy? not in a million years and if you ask about an apple you get a deer in headlights look.

Now they have SuSE 10, Xandros and Linspire, that's it. Needles to say several of the boxes have moved, with my help. :-)
SFN

Apr 18, 2006
8:52 AM EDT
Sounds to me like the problem pat mentions isn't so much Linspire's lack of trying with the vendors but their apparent disinterest in responding to someone trying to let them know they're getting shafted by their partners.

Of course, that could be them not wanting it in writing that they are displeased with or concerned about their relationship with said partners - which would be a smart move in this case.
helios

Apr 18, 2006
7:00 PM EDT
SFN...excellent point.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!