my favorite line

Story: Open Document Format Gets ISO ApprovalTotal Replies: 1
Author Content
jsusanka

May 04, 2006
4:20 AM EDT
""The progress of ODF and Open XML in the standardization processes is further evidence of the impact that XML will have on the industry as a whole. ODF is yet another XML-based format in the market. The ODF format is limited to the features and performance of OpenOffice and StarOffice and would not satisfy most of our Microsoft Office customers today," he said."

in other words we plan on keeping our customers locked into our products - we created bloatware and we plan on keep giving them bloatware.

he says it would not satisfy his customers of office today? to me that just doesn't make sense - how can he know they won't be satisfied when there isn't even an implementation out today with his products. again he is treating his customers like idiots and telling them what he thinks is best for them. so he is saying if you want odf you better get openoffice or staroffice and don't look to his products. does anybody else have a problem with this?

let the migrations begin!!
grouch

May 04, 2006
7:03 AM EDT
Microsoft desperately needs people to stay within the "black boxes" Microsoft created. They desperately need people to believe that only the magical Microsoft can fulfill their needs.

Here's what I wrote in response to Alan Yates' presentation in Massachusetts:

'Microsoft confuses standards with "technology", "policy", "business models", "magic", "small black boxes", "spreadsheet", "intellectual property"' http://edge-op.org/grouch/Yates-refute.html

Note that Microsoft's Jason Matusow is parroting the same deceptive arguments in this eWeek article as Yates used in Massachusetts. For example, "richness of competitive choices in the market is good for our customers and for the industry as a whole." This is used to confuse. Their goal is to maintain confusion so they can maintain a monopoly.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!