Funny stuff

Story: Linux hater/traitor turns to WindowsTotal Replies: 6
Author Content
dtfinch

May 06, 2006
10:17 AM EDT
Either she's an ignorant ultra-right-wing anti-freedom republican who can't find any fault in Windows, despite being computer illiterate, and sees open source as being illegal software made by a highly cooperative group of terrorists, pirates, and commies, or (more likely) she's just trying to be funny. Sort of like http://whitehouse.org .
dinotrac

May 06, 2006
10:46 AM EDT
If she's not trying to be funny, she's got a rude awakening when she finds out that Bill Gates is a registered Democrat!!
tuxchick2

May 06, 2006
11:40 AM EDT
How many clues do you need to recognize this is as brilliant satire? like

"And guess what software Osama Bin Laden uses on his laptop? If you guessed it was Linux you would be 100% right. Osama uses Linux because he knows designed to counterfit DVDs, curcumventing the Digital Millenium Copyright Act, and defraud companies like Disney. "

Though, come to think of it, people say things like this every day in complete and utter seriousness....
jimf

May 06, 2006
12:56 PM EDT
Quoting:Though, come to think of it, people say things like this every day in complete and utter seriousness....
I know it's satire.... I also know their are people out there who will be noding their heads in agreement with the piece... Maybe too brilliant...
lezard

May 06, 2006
3:07 PM EDT
http://www.shelleytherepublican.com/meaning-and-purpose.html

ShelleyTheRepublican.com is a satirical entertainment web site. "Shelley"* and her friends are fictional characters (*created 1999). Shelley's opinions are an amalgam of many of the right-wing pundits who are frequently featured on conservative TV and talk-radio.
hkwint

May 07, 2006
12:39 PM EDT
Computers are not all American! MIPS was invented by the Chinese! And according to some LXer article, Linux was invented by Bill Gates BTW, but Bill has erased the evidence...
dcparris

May 07, 2006
1:24 PM EDT
Yeah, I was laughing at all the GNU/Linux fans who wrote in. I also thought Tuttle City, OK was an interesting town for Tristan to come from. Can you imagine the impact of this, if Shelleytherepublican would have aired something like this right after War of the Worlds first aired? :-)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!