wow, better run out and purchase Kaspersky at once!!

Story: Malware targeting Linux on the increaseTotal Replies: 4
Author Content
tuxchick2

May 08, 2006
2:34 PM EDT
You can't be too careful ZOMG the Linux virii are coming!
grouch

May 08, 2006
4:31 PM EDT
Calm yourself, tuxchick2. I just happen to have a solution for the low, introductory price of just $49.95*. Understand, this price is for you only. Don't be spreading it around.

*Price per month, non-refundable. Su..., er, Buyer indemnifies seller of all damages, etc. Buyer agrees to provide seller with root access and further agrees not to complain nor speak unkindly about seller to anyone.
jdixon

May 08, 2006
4:31 PM EDT
You know, there paranoid rantings my Kaspersky and a few other companies are the best sign I've seen that widespread use of desktop Linux is just around the corner. Why else would they be in such a panic?
grouch

May 08, 2006
4:45 PM EDT
jdixon:

I'm surprised at your insinuation that the anti-virus companies have some motive other than selfless service to all humanity. Aren't they the ones with the motto, "To Serve and Protect"?

jdixon

May 08, 2006
5:13 PM EDT
> Aren't they the ones with the motto, "To Serve and Protect"?

Hmm, no, I think that's someone else. Theirs is more like "to service, with protection".

Speaking of the term service, my employer launched a time sheet program they called "Employee Self Service". It's obvious no one in upper management grew up on a farm. It got even worse when they launched a customer web app, called "Customer Self Service", since many of their customers are rural and would know that usage.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!