Author might have lost touch with reality

Story: The fuss over kernel designTotal Replies: 0
Author Content
r_a_trip

May 14, 2006
4:22 AM EDT
The author (Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton) needs to take a vacation. Just because he has a hard time using L4Linux, it is not Linus' nor his team of developers responsibility to make L4Linux a mainstream kernel option.

LKCL is quick to lay overburdening responsibilities upon everybody but himself and the L4Linux team. If L4Linux is not usable in day to day fashion, it either means that L4Linux is stillborn or that they did a miserable job of implementing it.

The complaints that mainstream GNU/Linux can't work with the hacked L4Linux toolchain is not a concern of the mainstream GNU/Linux distributions. If LCKL wants a fully functioning L4Linux distribution, he is Free to start one. Get the L4Linux sources, get a modern vanilla distro and make LCKL L4Linux happen.

I have to wonder, since when do you become a monk in the Church of the Greater Good when you give something to somebody else? I better stop giving to fundraisers lest I have to sacrifice my life completely to the whims of the takers of my gifts or else be visited by the Inquisition from the Church of the Greater Good. Better to be a taker myself. You get to be on the nice side of insanity ;)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!