Hmmm.

Story: Slackware - from first boot to usable desktop.Total Replies: 8
Author Content
salparadise

May 19, 2006
11:58 AM EDT
Not sure why this shows up as written and posted by me. I put it in Pending, checked to make sure it was there, closed the browser and went off for an hour or so . When I came back it was posted and credited to me alone. This makes it look like I crashed in, bypassed the editors and made it all my own. This was NOT my intention.

Just wanted to make that clear.
dcparris

May 19, 2006
12:10 PM EDT
Sal,

You were named as the author in the Author field when I posted it from Pending. You should be able to correct it - assuming you see the "manage" link. I should have check with you before posting it. Sorry about that.
salparadise

May 19, 2006
12:18 PM EDT
Don, you don't need to apologise. I just didn't want to come across as some self promoting ego-maniac. It was written by me, just not posted by me.

dcparris

May 19, 2006
12:43 PM EDT
Oh! Well, we all know what an ego-maniac you are, so it's perfectly o.k. :-D

Just kidding. I know I felt that way at first. I believe I said so in the Editor's forum. You know though, I'm now to the point where I figure it's our job, as editors, to post articles. That's what we do. Maybe it's because I have had to post some of my own articles. I remember how to change the posting editor - I just never have.

I would think you were self-promoting if your lead text ran along the lines of, "Yo, check out my awesome Slack article, man!" But an editor's article posted by that editor shouldn't be construed as egotistical. If that's just not you, I'll try to remember that for next time. Is that cool?
salparadise

May 19, 2006
12:47 PM EDT
Dat's wight wabbit!

Cool as a jewel.
dcparris

May 19, 2006
1:20 PM EDT
Cool!
grouch

May 19, 2006
10:08 PM EDT
salparadise:

I did it, but you don't know where I live.

IIRC, 'future' was running low and something needed to go out. Your name jumped out at me in 'pending', so I popped it over to 'future' without editing.

There was no way I was going to (a) edit that entry and (b) have my name show up on your story. That would take more brass than I could lift.

But, you got the culprit, alright. Don turned me loose with all that power and not a single attack dog in sight.

Sorry about pushing it out before you were ready.
salparadise

May 19, 2006
10:31 PM EDT
I was ready, I just thought I'd gone mad and published it then had some sort of memory wiping episode.

grouch

May 19, 2006
10:50 PM EDT
Hey, I thought I was the only one left awake on the planet.

dcparris seems to have suffered a memory wipe episode, too. He and I were both working 'future' at one time. It made for some interesting re-sorts.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!