macho dopes!

Story: OpenDocument Debate Enters Round ThreeTotal Replies: 4
Author Content
tuxchick2

May 25, 2006
8:29 AM EDT
Gas masks are good for you! I hope you've been wearing one during this particular debate. :)

What makes these sorts of 'debates' so difficult to swallow is the Microsoft side doesn't really have a defensible position. It's not a difference of opinion, or competing, equally valid policies- it's just the big gorilla, as usual, doing everything it can, legal and illegal, to lock-in its market share and shut out competition. I wonder how they find people who are so willing to look like utter fools in public.
sjm

May 25, 2006
8:36 AM EDT
...so willing to look like utter fools in public.

The problem is that the public in some ways has been so dumbed down that they don't see the picture so clearly. They don't realize the lies are actually lies. "I saw it on TV. It must be true!" or the like.
grouch

May 25, 2006
8:52 AM EDT
tuxchick2: >"I wonder how they find people who are so willing to look like utter fools in public."

Money.

How much could you spread around if you were getting about $1,000 U.S. per second for a product that, essentially, has a $0 cost of production?
Scott_Ruecker

May 25, 2006
12:49 PM EDT
"The only thing money can't buy you?, Poverty." - My Father
dcparris

May 25, 2006
3:42 PM EDT
> Gas masks are good for you! I hope you've been wearing one during this particular debate. :)

You should try wearing a gas mask when the optical inserts fog up and fall out. Given I can't see past the end of my nose without glasses - and in the darK, too? - I was ready to risk the CS gas. At least it wasn't pepper spray. :-)

But for this debate? I know Titch's position stunk to high heaven, but I was willing to risk it to clarify the issues. :-D

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!