chalex

Jun 28, 2006
2:02 PM EDT
There's an article I won't read!
jimf

Jun 28, 2006
2:10 PM EDT
I believe the phrase is " proprietary vendors such as Unix and Microsoft."

While I would have put Microsoft first, I don't see your problem with this. Unix is proprietary.
hiohoaus

Jun 28, 2006
4:33 PM EDT
I undestand; but "Unix" is not a vendor.

Finding misrepresentations that basic does not bode well for any sense in the rest of the article.
dcparris

Jun 28, 2006
6:34 PM EDT
Might he have intended "UNIX vendors"? I think he just handled the phrasing in an awkward way. It's hard to know for sure though.
tuxchick2

Jun 28, 2006
6:46 PM EDT
ya know, anyone can make a mistake, or worse, be afflicted with poor-quality editors. don't judge a whole article without reading the whole article.
grouch

Jun 28, 2006
7:43 PM EDT
tuxchick2: >"be afflicted with poor-quality editors"

Hey! I resemble that remark!
jimf

Jun 28, 2006
8:16 PM EDT
> Hey! I resemble that remark!

We all do grouch... Only tuxchick has that perfect editor and spells perfectly to boot :).
grouch

Jun 28, 2006
8:28 PM EDT
jimf:

Yeah, and she has that audible ping thing she won't share.
mvermeer

Jun 28, 2006
11:05 PM EDT
Groich: for audible ping you have to probe the pcspkr module. Does it for me.
grouch

Jun 28, 2006
11:51 PM EDT
mvermeer:

I don't think I compiled that with my current kernel. Anyway, my ping is defective and won't recognize the option so I have to use other means to annoy people within hearing.
tuxchick2

Jun 29, 2006
1:26 PM EDT
grouch, generating a good active batch of healthy bowel tones is the best method for annoying anyone in hearing range. It's even funnier when they try to be polite and not notice.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!