Still would like to know

Story: A great operating system is about detailsTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
SFN

Jul 07, 2006
6:02 AM EDT
Quoting:I know Jason Norwood-Young had a lot of complaints about Dapper when it was released, but my experience has been a far more favourable one. Perhaps installing from scratch instead of upgrading was the critical difference.
This really has me curious. As I've said here before, I've also had no problems at all but I assumed it was because I didn't do a fresh install but rather upgraded from Breezy. Perhaps it really does just come down to the hardware in question, which I would certainly count as a knock on Ubuntu as this wasn't a problem in the previous release.

Still seems unlikely that this half of the population would have problems due to their hardware while the other half wouldn't due to theirs.

And before the detail Nazis come out screaming, "half" is just used for illustration. I have no idea what the actual numbers are but I would estimate that I've seen an equal number of complaints and non-complaints.
tuxchick2

Jul 07, 2006
7:01 AM EDT
Too late! 'Half' is imprecise and I challenge your numbers! I fling down the gauntlet. En garde, knave.

There are definitely a lot of problems in Dapper, and the folks having troubles are not comforted when others tell them "But mine is fine."
SFN

Jul 07, 2006
7:13 AM EDT
Quoting:There are definitely a lot of problems in Dapper, and the folks having troubles are not comforted when others tell them "But mine is fine."

True but the key to resolving those problems is finding out why others have no problems.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!