This is my Linux news homepage...

Story: Who reads LXer? Why do I care?Total Replies: 0
Author Content
DaGoodBoy

Jul 14, 2006
11:22 AM EDT
My problems aren't so much with the Microsoft ads, but rather the fact that my login no longer persists between visits at LT, the insightful community comments on stories are gone (dino, et al), and the LT specific editorials and commentaries are no longer memorable or interesting to me.

I even skip Linux Journal now that the editor is Nick P ( who I am quite sure is a nice guy and trying hard ). He just doesn't have the same kind of style as Doc and frankly Doc's style and editorial focus is more appealing to me. Wow, and that ultimate Linux box story never gets old...

Also, the trend to blogging has also taken a whack out of traditional aggregators like LT, LXer and Slashdot for me. I still catch most of the big Linux news here, but most of my favorite parts of the stories are the good comments. Now with everyone hosting their own blog, they tend to comment in their own space. Now the lack of some kind of trackback system keeps me from being able to follow the buzz around a story that used to form on the news aggregation sites alone.

It's hard to figure out what to keep and what to change. I'm sure you'll get dozens of opinions, but ultimately I trust LXer more than any other Linux news site out there. Keep up the good work!

Tony

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!