Heartbreaker.

Story: Lobby4Linux Founder Battles IllnessTotal Replies: 9
Author Content
salparadise

Jul 21, 2006
10:54 PM EDT
My sympathies to his wife and family.

Helios is a great writer with a unique style. A much needed and highly valued member of this community.

If anyone reading this is going to see him, please pass on a big hug and all that other warm sloppy stuff. Tell him Sal says "you're not allowed to leave us".

Libervis

Jul 22, 2006
2:02 AM EDT
I second that.

Many of Helios's writings were among the most inspiring things I've read on the net, motivating to action. He didn't loose the battle for freedom, he inspires others to take on it. He mustn't loose the battle for his life.

Get better helios!

Daniel
hkwint

Jul 22, 2006
2:16 AM EDT
It makes me sad to hear this news. I think everyone over here is thankful for the amounts of work Ken (helios) already did. We don't want to lose this great fighter.

Wish you all the best Ken!
Sander_Marechal

Jul 22, 2006
2:22 AM EDT
Very sad news indeed. Ever since I stumbled on his blog (though LXer) I'm an avid reader. I really hope he gets better (and fast). The world needs people like him - lots of them.
grouch

Jul 22, 2006
6:36 AM EDT
He ain't done yet.
Scott_Ruecker

Jul 22, 2006
7:05 AM EDT
I'm with Sal, You tell him that LXer refuses to sanction his leaving of this planet anytime soon. ;-)

I have not had the pleasure of meeting Ken face to face but it does not matter.

To read his articles is to know him. I pray for you to get better Ken.

Fritz

Jul 22, 2006
11:27 AM EDT
Ken,

It's terrible news to find out about your health problems, but I'd like to take a moment to focus on what you did in washington. From the first time I argued with you in the pclinuxOS forums, it was apparent that you are passionate about everything you believe in. Yet you present your passion with a level head and always explain your side well. These qualities are common, but rarely does a man possess both. I cannot think of a better man to represent the open source cause in Washington.

You have succeeded where so many have failed at converting schools and other institutions, to get them started on the open source road. You present this in your blog, and in the forums as if this was a simple matter, yet we know how hard you must have fought for every little victory. It's a hard world out there for a lone soldier with nothing but a burnt CD in his hands and a dream. You are an inspiration, not only to those who believe in open source software, but those that believe in anything.

-> Trevor
jimf

Jul 22, 2006
11:28 AM EDT
Our prayers are with you Heilos.

like Sal, I'm not granting you permission to leave. Regardless, I suspect you'll do whatever 'you' think is right... It seems to be a pattern :)
devnet

Jul 23, 2006
9:07 AM EDT
To top off all this bad news, his site was hacked. I've tried to restore it as best as I can but I haven't been able to restore the most important database table. If there are any Xoops savvy people out there, please get ahold of me.

http://lxer.com/module/forums/t/23174/
jdixon

Jul 23, 2006
8:57 PM EDT
Ken and family:

My prayers are with you.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!