Larger image?

Story: LXers Hog The BarbecueTotal Replies: 11
Author Content
dinotrac

Jul 30, 2006
12:45 PM EDT
Reporting from Konqueror, KDE 3.5.1.

Rev, I clicked for a larger image, but no larger image came.

Usually, that wouldn't bother me, but I really relished the chance to see a nasty old animal close-up. And with a greased pig, no less!!!
dcparris

Jul 30, 2006
1:00 PM EDT
Sorry. Right-click. Then choose "View Image". Posting it without resizing just took up way too much space.
dinotrac

Jul 30, 2006
1:21 PM EDT
Ah!!

Looks like you guys had a much better time than the poor porcine-Americans who gave their all for your meal!!!
dcparris

Jul 30, 2006
2:06 PM EDT
Yep!
tuxchick2

Jul 30, 2006
3:07 PM EDT
Free the oppressed porcine-Americans!

*burp*
jimf

Jul 30, 2006
3:23 PM EDT
The ethical implications and contradictions of this thread with this particular group of people is truly disturbing....
dinotrac

Jul 30, 2006
3:45 PM EDT
And that's without even getting into ethics of the sweet and tangy v. thin and vinegary.
dcparris

Jul 30, 2006
5:59 PM EDT
O.k., I just got off the phone with Bubba, who assured me that the porcine folk were actually having a great time. "They had to be", he said, "they were smiling the whole time!" He has invited me back again to see for myself. He said something about a 13-hour party for the pigs to really get things smokin'. My phone was kind of crackling a bit, but it sounded like they have a 'slip-n-slide' that the pigs load down with barbeque sauce. Sounds like the piggies really savor the moment.
Bob_Robertson

Jul 30, 2006
6:07 PM EDT
NoDough and I will likely get together by meeting half way, at the Stucky's at exit 146 on I95.

Seriously, sorry I missed it.
dcparris

Jul 30, 2006
7:32 PM EDT
Cool! Yeah, we really hate no one else was able to make it. Maybe I'll be able to get up there sometime in the next few months. We'll see.
grouch

Jul 30, 2006
9:58 PM EDT
Maybe a VPB (virtual private barbecue)? A dozen feasts scattered around the planet, however many can get together at each location, all connected by webcam. I hear you broadband users can do such things.
NoDough

Jul 31, 2006
5:15 AM EDT
>...all connected by webcam. I hear you broadband users can do such things.

I actually tested for a nearby wireless connection at Bubba's. No such luck. Had there been one, I would've been online live-blogging (live-posting?) the event.

Oh well, it was a great time. I really enjoyed the discussion with Don.

>NoDough and I will likely get together by meeting half way, at the Stucky's at exit 146 on I95.

Mmmmmmmm. Stucky's.

Seriously, there are a half-dozen of us in Raleigh and surrounding areas. We should get together.

Lane (NoDough) in Louisburg Todd in Burlington tminton in Bahama chattr in Raleigh Curtis in Rocky Mount Bob_Robertson in Rocky Mount

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!