wordpress teh suck

Story: Host a personal diary on your PC using WordPressTotal Replies: 3
Author Content
tuxchick2

Aug 05, 2006
8:52 AM EDT
Every WordPress site I have knowingly visited kicks my CPU usage into the red zone, and they don't scroll worth a darn. This is on a nice modren high-powered PC. I don't know if the users are mis-configuring their sites, or if WordPress is designed to create obese script-heavy pages on purpose. All I know is when I hear 'WordPress' I run the other way.

Blogger is almost as bad. A pox on them both.
dinotrac

Aug 05, 2006
9:12 AM EDT
Man! You weren't kidding. I tried a few of the links at the WordPress site... and bingo!! 30-40% CPU use. Considering my Athlon 64, that's not a good thing.
devnet

Aug 05, 2006
9:19 AM EDT
Wordpress sux.

I use Serendipity on http://linux-blog.org and have found it works just fantastic and provides me with everything wordpress could hope to provide me and more. Plus its survived thousands of concurrant hits (around 800K last month alone).

Works great for me. I hate wordpress though...and it does increase your CPU cycles. Odd.
cheshire137

Aug 06, 2006
6:06 AM EDT
I'm not seeing this trend when I visit my own WordPress-run site. JS is on and 'top' is up and running, sorted by CPU use. I would blame more the implementation than the CMS itself.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!