Something familiar about this poster...

Story: Top 10 Things You Could Be Doing Instead of Attending Ohio Linux FestTotal Replies: 13
Author Content
dinotrac

Sep 05, 2006
9:10 AM EDT
Something about this guy rings a bell with me...

It's a small bell, to be sure.

I picture a dank musty room.

The ghostly (not mention ghastly) glow of green phosphor from one of those old screens from the days when you actually needed screen savers barely illuminates the assorted scraps of paper that populate the old cabinet door propped up on milk crates that serves as a computer desk.

Hunched over with his eyeballs nearly in contact with the screen, an elfin figure raps at the keyboard as if it were a snare drum. A high-pitched cackle floats above the staccato bursts emanating from the old clicky-style IBM keyboard.

All is well with the world.

tuxchick2

Sep 05, 2006
9:25 AM EDT
It's nothing, dino, just an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, a fragment of an underdone potato.
PaulFerris

Sep 05, 2006
9:51 AM EDT
Okay already!

Life has been a bit more complex than usual of late for me. I wish I had more time to write about it, but alas, priorities dictate other things (sleeping for instance, is not over-rated as I once thought it was).

Dino: I gave up the green-screen a long, long time ago. It's been replaced with an EGA (350x640) display -- we're talking _modern_ graphics here man! How dare you think I'd be so far behind.

Alas, you're right about the keyboard :(

Tuxxy, How the heck did you know what I had for lunch? I mean, psychic baby, psychic!

-=FeriCyde=-
dinotrac

Sep 05, 2006
9:59 AM EDT
Paulie -

Alas, nothing. Those old IBM keyboards are GREAT!

And EGA graphics...it's about time you moved up into, er, the late 80s.
PaulFerris

Sep 05, 2006
10:07 AM EDT
> And EGA graphics...it's about time you moved up into, er, the late 80s.

Dino, I could say the same about your cloths -- isn't it time you ditched that white leasure suit?
tuxchick2

Sep 05, 2006
10:21 AM EDT
Dino will get the last laugh after the worldwide nuclear holocaust, because the only survivors will be cockroaches, Twinkies, and anyone wearing a polyester leisure suit.
dcparris

Sep 05, 2006
10:25 AM EDT
Paul, I just can't believe you would claim to know Dino! You really have to be careful about who you know, you know.
dinotrac

Sep 05, 2006
11:10 AM EDT
>You really have to be careful about who you know, you know.

And you have to be sure about it, too. Anybody in the know knows it's who you know you know, you know.
dinotrac

Sep 05, 2006
11:19 AM EDT
tc -

Few people are aware that bright white polyester repels radiation as effectively as it repels attractive women.
jimf

Sep 05, 2006
11:24 AM EDT
> Few people are aware that bright white polyester repels radiation as effectively as it repels attractive women.

So, your Wife makes you wear it huh dino :)
PaulFerris

Sep 05, 2006
11:40 AM EDT
jimf: It's not like that. It's reflexive, like how he has to install 8-track tape players in all of his cars so he can play those Saturday-night-fever era songs that are so hard to find on updated media.

Like casette...
dinotrac

Sep 05, 2006
11:53 AM EDT
Paul --

I don't do 8-track anymore. Since manufacturers have made the distinctly bad choice to cease making them, I'm afraid both equipment and media have fallen into disrepair. It's more like 2-6 track these days.
jimf

Sep 05, 2006
11:59 AM EDT
Understand Paul, I may very well outdate you :). just two levels of communication going on here.

And what, no F keys on the left for your keyboard?
dinotrac

Sep 05, 2006
12:11 PM EDT
>And what, no F keys on the left for your keyboard?

You mean where all that is rational intended for them to be? And what is this bit of 12 keys? Who has 12 fingers?

On second thought -- don't answer that one.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!