Hey Dave What a great reason to change.

Story: Bob Whitinger takes ownership of LXerTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
dinotrac

Sep 28, 2006
10:21 AM EDT
Having to back off because your other venture is so successful!!

FABULOUS!!!

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy (or his dad).

Congrats and best wishes to all.

PS -

I do believe that I owe you more than 1 beer. I haven't forgotten, and hope to get myself into a position -- preferably before Hell freezes over -- to repay the debt.
bob

Sep 28, 2006
10:32 AM EDT
I've been watching with pride as LXer was launched and then, thanks to Dave, Don, and all of you, has reached the point it is today... one of the widest read Linux community sites online. I'm excited about what has already been accomplished, and I'm equally excited about the potential for the future of the LXer community.

I believe that the FOSS movement is the most important thing that's happening in software today. We are making the world a better place, shaping a world where people can choose to be free from the control of the proprietary software monopolies.

Imagine a world free from software barriers, free from hidden interfaces, a world where developers have a way to combine their efforts to achieve ever greater innovations.

Well, we don't have to just imagine, because this world is a reality today. Our greatest task is to communicate this vision to the wider population.

Hey, I'll be at the Ohio LinuxFest this weekend. I hope to meet many of you in person. Just look for the tall guy wearing the cowboy hat.

We have a great community here at LXer, and I'm looking forward to seeing the future unfold.

Let's have a lot of fun...

Bob Whitinger LXer, Publisher
helios

Sep 29, 2006
5:17 PM EDT
Hey, I'll be at the Ohio LinuxFest this weekend....

Man I wish I could be there...One of these days, I'm gonna stumble around and get to one. A recently new event in my life, full time employment with 70% travel, has severely limited my WanderLust

Congratulations Bob, and from my family and myself, a heart-felt thank you to Dave for the work and vision he has shown for LXer.com.

Too many people subscribe to the belief that one man cannot achieve much on his own. Among more notable individuals, Linus has shown us what one idea, loyalty to that idea and a smattering of leadership skill can accomplish. LXer is on the verge of becoming THE premiere Linux News site on the internet. It was one man, one idea and his ability to lead others in believing in that idea, that brought LXer to where it is today.

So Bob, us "oldsters" who carry our ideas and discipline forward, can have a great impact on the world of FOSS and Linux. I personally welcome you to The Show and I look forward to working with you in the future....a future I believe to be extremely bright for Linux. So bright I gotta wear shades.

helios

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!